FFCRA Forms and Policies for Employers
In March, Congress passed the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA), which required certain employers (those with less than 500 employees) to provide their employees with paid sick leave and expanded family and medical leave for reasons related to the COVID-19 pandemic. In response, Littler prepared two template policies:
- Emergency Family and Medical Leave Expansion Act (EFMLEA) and
- Emergency Paid Sick Leave Act (EPSLA).
The policies address leave under the new federal law. The emergency FMLA policy is framed so it can be used either as an addendum to an employer’s existing FMLA policy or (for employers not covered by the broader FMLA) as a stand-alone policy covering only the emergency FMLA. The emergency PSL policy is a standalone policy covering only federal emergency PSL.
This Package includes FFCRA compliant forms:
- Form 1 – Emergency Paid Sick Leave Act (EPSLA) Leave Request & Notice
- Form 2 – Emergency Family and Medical Leave Act (EFMLEA) Leave Request & Notice
- Form 3 – Notice of Eligibility for Emergency Family and Medical Leave Expansion Act (EFMLEA Leave and Rights & Responsibilities
- Form 4 – Designation Notice for Emergency Family and Medical Leave Expansion Act (EFMLEA)
Forms 1 and 2 are designed to help gather the information an employer needs to help support a claim for payroll tax credit on the EPSLA and EFMLEA wages paid to employees on leave. Forms 3 and 4 are designed to help an employer that is already subject to the regular FMLA administer an EFMLEA leave in a manner similar to how it administers FMLA leaves.